QuoteWerks Version 4 Build 10 Release Notes
Summary: 8 New, 1 Fixes, and 2 Miscellaneous features
- For GoldMine users that use the built-in QuoteWerks SMTP email feature, when emailing a quote/order/invoice the attachment is now saved in the \QuoteWerks\History\Email folder so that when you open up the sent email in GoldMine at a later date, the email attachment can be viewed.
- If you use Outlook to send emails from QuoteWerks, the attachments in the emails are now saved to the \QuoteWerks\History\Email folder so that when you open up the sent email in Outlook at a later date, the email attachment can be viewed.
- When QuoteWerks creates a PDF file, there is now an option to embed the fonts used into the pdf file so that the fonts will be correctly displayed even if the recipient of the pdf file does not have the fonts used when creating the pdf file. This option is under the Misc tab of the Tools | My Preferences menu.
- The PDF file printing window now has a right click menu to individually view or print the pdf files.
- When creating a report filter on a date/time combination field (such as Created, LastModified, RecLastModified, and ConvertedOn), when using the operator "less or equal" and only specifying the date portion, the results would non intuitively exclude results that matched the date, but not the time portion. For example if the filter was to include all quotes created or lastmodified less or equal to may 30th, any quotes modified laster 12:00am on May 30th would not be included in the results.
- In reports for date/time combination fields (such as Created, LastModified, RecLastModified, and ConvertedOn), you can now format the field to display the time portion of the date/time field.
- Added new command line option for logging into QuoteWerks. Now when you supply the /u: user login name parameter, you can use /u:&SYS_CMLoggedInUser to obtain the user login name from the user currently logged into GoldMine. You can also use /u:&SYS_WindowsLoggedInUser to obtain the user login name from the user currently logged into Windows.
- Added new API method DocFunctions.PrintDocument to allow a 3rd party developer to automate QuoteWerks to open and then print, preview, email, fax quotes/orders/invoices, etc.
- On the File|Insert Document window, for the document name dropdown selection you can now type multiple letters to narrow down the selection.
- On the File|Open windown, when the sort by dropdown is selected, the grid is given focus so that it is ready to be scrolled through.
- When emailing a quote and choosing to attach it as an rtf file. Sometimes
the cover page would be overwritten with the page header from the layout.